Sunday, April 20, 2008

Update.

Here's the scoop on the happenings lately. Well, after I went to Oklahoma I realized that I wasn't 100 percent thrilled about the moving out of Austin, going to Nashville for the summer deal. I was so excited for the opportunity, obviously, but I couldn't get over the fact that I wasn't 100 percent into it. I thought about it, got some good advice to keep all my options open, including those in Austin. So, I got an interview with Megan at C3 Presents in the talent management area. Some of my favorite acts they manage are Ben Kweller, Blues Traveler and the Eli Young Band.

Well, I got the internship! This could very well be a step in my path that will hopefully lead to a career in this industry. When Megan asked me what I wanted to get out of the internship, I very earnestly said, "a job." That was quite a leap for me in my Peter Pan don't-wanna-grow-up world. I gave myself a little pat on the back for that one. I think my mom would too. Megan said that I'll be able to get my hands on a lot and that I'll be able to cruise around the office and learn as much as I can from the folks there.

I'll now be in Austin for the summer, hoping that I'll have some visits from friends and family! Lake Travis is only about a 30 minute drive away, so Jeff might bring his boat down for some most excellent lake days! I'm really happy with the decision I made to stay and intern with C3 and I hope I learn more than I can imagine...it's a good thing. It's a damn good thing.

No comments: