Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Um...

So, here I am in the creative lab at UT doing some research for my first product, Wild Eyes Contacts. Kelley, my partner, and I are having a tough time trying to figure out what direction we want to go in before our midterm review on Friday. Yikes. So, I'm going all over the Internet trying to find inspiration, weirdness, anything to give me a hint on what to do. I start searching creepy things on the Guinness Book of World Records, which is too much fun, and I found something that took my interest right away. Gurning. Prepare to be amazed and enthralled.



There is an annual Gurning competition - here are a few of my favorite photos from the Web. According to Wikipedia, a gurn is a "distorted facial expression, and a verb to describe the action. A typical gurn might involve projecting the lower jaw as far forward and up as possible, and covering the upper lip with the lower lip."


2 comments:

Jason said...

"...I can't pull my teeth out; how can I become a better gurner?"

That quote was magic.

Kelly said...

Clearly these guys are amateurs... have they never been on the bicycle tour in Key West to see the guy that gurns at tourists?

Or he may be dead now... not sure...

But still... HE'S the famous one...