Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Saddles. Back in them.

Well. It's time for a return. A return from my blogging silence and a return to sharing my creative pursuits. A few things I'm currently working on...

---

Starting a Creative Support Group for OKC women. We'll gather once a month (for now) to share our creative projects, provide encouragement for each other and offer advice/other points of view.

Designing a logo for a local dental practice. Real talk: I despise going to the dentist, so this project is helping me dig deeper into how dentists can make patients feel GOOD and happy. I'll be eager to share my progress in the logo design and finalization.

Organizing my home office, which has finally been redone. (Trumpets and angels singing right now!) Jeff and I spent about a week ripping up carpet, painting walls, laying floor (OK, I didn't lay the flooring, but whatever) and introducing a sweet, vintage mint green metal desk to the room. It's a really inspiring spot in our home now, and I can't wait to add photos and art to the walls to complete the look. I'll share some progress shots with you.

Removing myself from Facebook. Yes. I've been eager to leave the social network for a while now, and by deleting the app from my iPhone and iPad, I can finally see that it's not hard to live without it. I'll have the occasional friend say, "Did you see my photo from ______ that I put on Facebook??!" Um, no. I haven't been on that site for at least two months now, and I like it. I still tweet and Instagram, but I learn from those sites. I learn about (unbiased) news, I learn about beautiful moments captured by a camera and I learn how brevity is most times best. "So, if you think Facebook is too public and folks share way too much, why the hell are you blogging again??" Because I'm focusing more each day on my design career, and I believe sharing some of my heart could score me a client or two. Or some new graphic design friends around the webs. Plus, I like sharpening my creative axe, and dreaming of new posts could possibly lead to some inspiration.

---

I'll be moving this blog from Blogger to Wordpress with the help of my bestie, Kristen. I hope to connect this blog back to my design website, trottercreative.com, to show any potential clients what I'm about. So, it's good to be back, and I hope to inspire with creative projects, happy thoughts and adventures in my world.

No comments: