Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hunting.

So, I'm looking for an internship for the summer. I would love to work for a festival promotions company, like C3 here in Austin. I found Superfly, based in NYC, and they're looking really good! They put on Bonnaroo, Vegoose and Jazzfest. I sent over my resume and cover letter Monday and I'm calling the intern coordinator today to check in!

Also, I talked with Chris Carrington, a buddy from OSU and the Orange Peel executive director from when I was the marketing director, and he's looking around LA for some contacts for me! Goldenvoice puts on the Coachella festival and I'd love to intern there, so I'm crossing my fingers for a name and phone number I can call!

I found who puts on Rothbury, a killer fest in Michigan. The company is based in Boulder, CO, so I wouldn't be able to get funding from the grant people. (The internship has to be in Nashville, Miami, Atlanta, NYC or LA.)

Ah, I feel a little frantic trying to get this done. The grant application is due April 11, so I must have my internship before then! Good luck to me.

No comments: