Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Grammar."

If you're a close friend of mine, you know how anal I am about grammar and punctuation. I'd like to give thanks to my experience as a TA for an AP Style course at Oklahoma State. I'll often correct friends and family on little pet peeves of mine - either verbally or just in my brain. The biggest one? Anxious = experience worry, unease or nervousness. Eager = wanting to do or have something very much. Anxious = bad. Eager = good.

Well, to my enjoyment I've run across a fabulous blog about quotation marks being put in the wrong places. I've added this to my Google Reader so I can get a laugh daily with the awful placements. Now, I pass on the goodness to you...especially you, Grandma. You are my proper English inspiration.

"Enjoy."

http://quotation-marks.blogspot.com/

One of my favorites, except these quotation marks may actually be necessary.



Also, the first rule we learned in portfolio was NO PUNS. They're easy, simple and bad. However, this rule doesn't stop most advertisers or businesses from going straight to the pun. Here's a blog alllll about puns - the name is That's Punny. I'm happy I found this. I'm thinking this could be inspiration for a post - God knows I see an advertising pun every freakin' day. Here's one of my favorites from the blog...

2 comments:

Jason said...

I love unnecessary quotation marks! "Thanks" for the post!

Grober said...

"You" are welcome!