Sunday, February 1, 2009

Prints!

I enjoy exploring new ways to do artsy things, so this past semester I got the wild idea to try my hand at screenprinting. After many frustrated evenings of burning screens, not having good water pressure to wash my screens and many other bumps in the road, I got the hang of it. I must thank my man Mondo at Jerry's Art-A-Rama for laughing at me for burning so many screens - he explained I was exposing my screen for too long (10 minutes) instead of 3 minutes. Yes. 3 minutes. I ruined a few screens, but at least I'm on the right page now! Thank goodness!

Here I am making my sister's wedding invitations...



A little closer...



As soon as my sister has mailed out the invitations I'll post the final product on here so you can see the work I did. So much fun! And if you're getting married and want a new style of invitation, e-mail me and we'll work something out! emilygrober@gmail.com.

Other exciting news: My website should be up and running by Tuesday! I'm so excited for the big launch! Woo!

Time for the Super, I mean, Puppy Bowl! Byeee

1 comment:

Kelly said...

YEAAAAAAA!!! I love them so much!!! All you readers out there should use her for her screen printing skills!