Sunday, May 10, 2009

Momma.

Happy mother's day to a wonderful woman who has really put up with me.



First, I was 2 weeks late being born - due on New Year's. I guess I liked it all snuggly in there. Then, I shoved random things up my nose and had to go to the doctor to get them removed. Then I pouted like no one's business, with home videos to prove it. My bottom lip was basically dragging the ground. Sigh. Then I went through my JNCO/chains/thrift store shirt/silver Dr. Marten phase. That was interesting. I crowd surfed at a concert + my mom got upset. I rebelled, I got into trouble + I'm sure I helped put a few grey hairs on my folk's heads.

So, thank you momma - you let me figure things out for myself + you encouraged my creativity all through my life. Whether that meant pink and/or purple hair or silver sequins on my mustard yellow backpack straps, I appreciate it. You're a wonderful woman + I hope to someday learn how to choose my battles as well as you did. I look up to you so much + I'm so glad you raised me the way you did. I love you so much, you are the world to me. Happy momma's day - iloveyoumommy.

1 comment:

vgrober said...

My life has been so blessed because you were born! You are not only my child but a great source of entertainment.
I love you so much and am looking forward to spending Alternative Mother's Day with you next Friday!!
iloveyouemmy