Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tie this.

The past few days have been filled with beers, roast beef and 30 Rock DVD marathons. Gotta love Christmas break.

A new tradition began in the Grober House of Women. My sister, Kelly, and her boyfriend, Carl, were the team to beat in the first EVER Gingerbread House Building Contest!!! (Cue Rocky music)

So, here's the red teammmm... Kelly, a creative and meticulous pharmacist, is ever-so detail-orientated, striving for perfectly straight lines and the most beautiful color scheme. Carl, a sly and animal-killing-machine, is determined to out-build and out-bake all the fierce competition.

And in the blue corner is Jeff and myself. Jeff, a manly home-building maven, looks to shoot down the competition with his mad skills of roof and wall construction. I just love to eat icing.

It was a tough competition, but at 1 a.m. on New Years' we received the results from all the voting that took place for a week before the clock struck 2008. Here is mom's text message telling the winners the good news...

"Creative award goes to Jeff and Em. Construction award goes to Kelly and Carl. Congrats."

A freakin' tie. Well, I'm down with it, but I must give a warning...

Kelly and Carl, next year there will be NO ties. No 'everyone wins' messages from mom. There will be losers and I'm looking your way. Watch your icing bags.

3 comments:

vgrober said...

The whiney butt award goes to....

vgrober said...

There will be a judging card complete with a complex point system. I'm thinking invite you-tube judging?

hmmm, I have 11 months to construct the contest.

Be ready.

Kelly said...

Carl and I will whip you like the icing you like to put in your belly!

Oh, and the Easter housecat-dyeing competition is right around the corner. I get Herbie; that means good luck to you with the old bat.