Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Proud momma.

Today could have been a disaster.

Mabel, my sweet, sweet Westie, is crate-trained and stays in her little "apartment" while I'm off at work or school. Well, today I decided to test her ability to be a good girl and let her stay in my room...outside her crate. So, before I left for work I gave her a peanut butter-filled Kong toy (by the way, the best invention EVER), put her in her crate without locking the door and left my apartment with crossed fingers.

I came home a few hours later with lots of apprehension and anxiety that my room would be reminiscent of Hurricane Ike leftovers - torn-down window blinds, accidents on the floor, chewed up bedding, etc, etc, etc.

I slowly opened my bedroom door to be greeted by my little buddy. I said hello and paced around searching for something ripped, chewed, peed-on, destroyed, but to my surprise Mabel was the perfect little roommate! I am so proud of her - I've called her grandparents (mom and dad) to tell them the great news. She got a ton of treats, lots of pets and is now chewing on a big 'ol ceegar (aka cigar aka rawhide). I'm so proud of my little lady! Maybe this is a new step in trust for us. At least I'm not stepping IN something...




Yay, Mabel!

No comments: