Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Creative?

All right, I'll explain a big part of what I'm striving toward. Once one gets accepted to the advertising grad school there is an opportunity for that person to apply for the Texas Creative program. This program is where copywriters (the people who write all the words in an ad) and art directors (in charge of the layout/overall feel of an ad) are formed. There are a couple of other tracks, but I'm more interested in creative, so I won't explain the others.

Well, to get into the creative program I must apply at the end of the semester. And here's how the applicaton goes: I get one question. Probably the most random question in the world. Out-of-left-field kinda question. For example: When did it hit you? Or...How bad do you want it?

I'll answer my question on an 11 by 17 piece of paper, being creative as possible. An example? One of my favorites I've heard of is when asked "How bad do you want it?" the student simply answered with a photograph of Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding sitting side-by-side in their skating costumes. Nice, huh?

So, I'll be applying for the Texas Creative program at the end of the semester! Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: